What is a River Partner?
We call our members "River Partners"...
As you would imagine, we have people from all different backgrounds and at all different places in their spiritual journey joining us every week. It's part of what makes our church exciting! Some people are just checking us out, while some folks have made attending our Sunday services a regular part of their week. Others feel that the River is their "home church" and they want to join with us in our mission to "create space where New Yorkers of all backgrounds can connect with God through Jesus Christ and move towards him as the center of their lives". This is what we call River Partnership.
How do I find out more about becoming a River Partner?
River 201 - Pathway to Partnership is our 8 week class on spiritual maturity and church membership. It includes teaching times, small group discussion & individual reflection exercises. We cover 7 important topics:
- The Bible
- Church Life
Our next session is coming in Fall of 2013. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Childcare is available. Attending the class does not obligate you to become a River Partner. For more information please contact mail@riverNYC.org.
Did you miss the last River Partner's Meeting?
River Partners Meeting... Listen NOW to learn about:
- the vision of the River: (or why Harvard's Prof. Puntnam makes us feel legit)
- Can we experience dynamic supernatural without wearing Robes & waving Flags?
- Signature River Experience: Safe Space, Spiritual Power, Kingdom Direction from Bible
- "the state of the union/River" Our choice: 200 vs. 500
- the River "app" store
- behind the curtain
- hearing from those involved: Kahn, Henry, David, Dan, Peter, Cebert, Josh, John, Christopher
- New Stuff: Newcomers MeetUps, Workshops, PM Team
- RiverKids update & plans from Caroline
- What You Can Do...
- Questions & Answers Listen NOW. (50min.) Document: River "iphone apps"
Want to learn more right now?
River Partners Meeting... Please listen here to learn about:
- the difference between Christianity & Jesus
- what the Harvard logo says about the world...
- Batman/The Road/No Country For Old Men
- why are there fewer kids in Italy?
- would you rather live in Paris or Tehran?
- Witness vs. Advocate
- Martha's story
- Numbers: present & future
- the River's path of involvement
- goals for 2010
- the 5 commitments of a River Partner
- Jane's story
- the River Partner "signing bonus" Listen NOW. (50min.) Document: River Partner Commitment 2011
Want to learn more right now? Please listen here to learn:
- "how" church works
- what, exactly, is a River Partner?
- what's going on "behind the scenes" @ the River
- how a skiing accident led to $43 million and a church in NYC
- the core vision of The River
- why we worship at the end of the service
- Justine's story
- 4 things that a River Partner does
- the "three minute rule" of church
- why having friends at church can sometimes be a bad thing
- the benefit of being a River Partner
- why having a good experience at a previous church can be hard
- a final thought from Tina Turner Listen NOW. (45min.)
"I'm a River Partner...what's my next step?". Please listen here to learn:
- why Sunday services are NOT church
- about "Ned & Nelly New Yorker"
- why we take communion every Sunday
- the difference between building vs. growing the church
- our thoughts on a new meeting place?
- why the River is like a "spiritual dating" service
- why church is more fun with people who don't believe in God
- what the "ideal River Partner" does
- Kim's story'
- why it can be better to give $5 than $20
- Caroline's prayer Listen NOW. (40 min.)